Saturday, January 22, 2011

(less than) A Week 'til Wisconsin

Oh, to be at ease in having my final plans worked out!
As it turns out, I will be flying to Wisconsin instead of taking the train (my original plan), which puts me in Philadelphia on Tuesday, saying goodbye to Messiah on Wednesday, and Flying to Wisconsin on Thursday, 5 days from now!

Everyone's questions to me lately have been to the tune of, "Are you excited?" "Are you nervous?"  Are you packed?

The answers to these questions are of course complex.  For the first time, I really feel like I'm going to miss the smallness  and the familiarity of Grantham.  Ever since I was little, I've always plunged into the new and unfamiliar, embracing change and embracing adventure.  I've always seen myself as outgoing, and more of a global citizen rather than a local citizen.  I had told myself that four years at Messiah would "no big deal" to be close to home as I would be taking flight afterwards.  The truth is, I have become very attached to Messiah and to my Friends here.  The "Messiah Bubble" as we affectionately call it is small and it is maybe a bit constricting at times, but something inside me feels nervous to leave for once.  Maybe it's because I will be returning to SENIOR YEAR of college, or maybe it's because I feel like I'll be missing out on a key transitional time.  Not being packed and not feeling like I have enough time to get to everyone is also killing me...

Either way, I feel much more ready to head out and much more empowered to keep on packing now that I have actual plans.  My flight to Wisconsin is booked and my flights from Chile to Wisconsin of course were taken care long ago.

Ready or not, HERE IT COMES!

No comments:

Post a Comment