Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nochebuena y Navidad (Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)

Expectancy followed by light.
Waiting followed by enlightenment.
How will you receive the child?

This Christmas season, I've been reflecting on my semester abroad and its similarities with waiting for the Christ-child.

Filing all of my documents and running around to get my visa is much like the census.  Traveling to Philadelphia to be documented and then to my grandmother's house before actually embarking on the journey is much like Mary and Joseph's commute back to the town of Joseph's family before the main event, the birth of Jesus even occurred.

All of my hopes and dreams are stockpiling.  What will my host family be like?  How do the Chileans dress?  Will I be able to be involved with Scouting in Chile?  What's the biggest lesson that God will teach me while I'm in Chile?  Who will be my biggest influence?  "The hopes and fears" of this past year shall be met on February 7.

Please continue to pray specifically that God will use my time in Chile in a very powerful way.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment